- School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES NDIS) is available for eligible Year 12 school leavers with disabilities under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS).
- At Gold Star Loving Care Services, we’re all about finding the right vocational direction for our School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES) participants. It could be moving on to study or gaining work experience and upskilling to find a suitable role, we work with participants to develop clear vocational goals and implement a practical plan to achieve these. We will ensure that our participants get the right job.
At Gold Star Loving Care Services, we deliver School Leaver Employment Supports (SLES NDIS) through individual, group, on-site and off-site supports which focus on you, and how you can achieve your goals.
During your (SLES NDIS) your short- and long-term goals will be clearly identified in a personalised plan, and you will have dedicated support from a Gold Star Loving Care consultant, as well as access to a Health Services Officer.
Support sessions might include practical training around planning travel so you can get to and from a workplace independently, work experience with an employer that can give you insights and experience in an industry that interests you, job search supports around preparing your resume, developing job applications and job interview training or activities to grow your communication, social skills, and increasing your confidence.
It’s very important to remember that with Gold Star Loving Care Services, your plan will be individualised to suit you and the needs that are required to achieve your dream job. Gold Star Care Consultant will ensue that they give you all the support to reach your full potential.
- One to one orientation
- Travel/transport planning and training
- One on one appointments and supports
- Group supports and activities
- Assessment with experienced employers
- Industry-relevant work experience
- Independent activities such as online study
- Risk assessments with work experience employers
- Resume writing skills
- Improving communication skills, social skills, and financial literacy
- Support to successfully complete any study that is in progress
At Gold Star Loving Care Services we are proud to let you know that you will never be disappointed with our SLES (School Leavers Employment Supports). Below are some of the services we provide:
- We will assess your needs, provide,and develop an Individualised client centered plan for you to achieve your goals.
- We will ensure that you are treated with respect and dignity.
- We will ensure that we access placement/ employment with our existing relationships with employers.
- Our SLES activities will ensure that you enjoy your experience and develop your skills while participating in the workforce.
- We will ensure that there is continuity in care by working with all the support round you to achieve your goals.